Friday 5 September 2014

✨Shower Heaven✨



Despite been quite happy to splurge on shoes, serums or face creams I never could grasp the idea of spending a lot on a shower gel. Until that is , I was given a Birthday gift of Neals Yard Organic Shower Gels which smelt so sublime , made my skin feel as soft as a baby's and the heavenly aroma of essential oils filled my bathroom and home with the most uplifting intoxicating scents. From that moment forth I was hooked . The selection I was given was the Sensual Jasmine , Rosemary and Elderflower Shower Gels and English Lavender Bath & Shower Gel and I tell you I would not go back to the Palmolive Honey and Milk shower gel , that I used to like , for all the tea in China.
Knowing I'm cleansing my body with a cleanser which does not test on animals , is free from parabens, silicones, mineral oils, synthetic fragrances , phthalates or other nasties makes me feel so much happier than using one full of chemicals when my skin is wet and my pores are open which in my mind cannot be good for you. All three of the shower gels contain certified organic ingredients, carry the leaping bunny logo and the Good Shopping Guide Ethical Company Logo. The sensual Jasmine also contains Fairtrade ingredients, and the English Lavender is suitable for vegans.
I use each one depending on my mood and how my body feels as they are packed with organic essential oils that can relax or energise me depending on what I need most.
In the morning when I'm half asleep and my body feels stiff and needs a real kick start I use the Rosemary and Elderflower Shower Gel, for no sooner than I've enhaled it's intoxicating scent and massaged it into my skin I'm suddenly a different person and ready to take on the day. The stimulating Rosemary, Lemon and Pine essential oils invigorate my entire body and the herbal infusions of Chamomile and elderflower help to make my skin feel hydrated and smooth unlike some synthetic shower gels that can really strip and dry the skin.
In the evenings , particularly in the cold Winter months , I simply adore using the English Lavender Bath and Shower Gel in a hot running bath to soothe tired muscles and totally de stress me after a busy day. The scent immediately relaxes and calms me and a good night of sleep ensues. Neals Yard say "Enjoy a skin-softening shower or a fragrant, relaxing bath infused with the aroma of organically grown English lavender - a much softer scent than its French cousin - enriched with skin-soothing extracts of organic chamomile and oat. Our English lavender is organically grown and tended by hand on a family farm on the rolling hills of Hampshire." This one is such a pleasure to use that I'm almost looking forward to Autumn so I can luxuriate in the bath of an evening, eyes closed , in utter bliss.
The scent of the Sensual Jasmine Shower Gel is reminiscent of a Summer's eve and will envelop you in a soothing , comforting aroma and leave your body gently fragranced with the essential oils of Jasmine and Ylang Ylang not to mention Egyptian Jasmine and Madagascan Ylang Ylang flowers. The Fairtrade honey and Rooibus only serve to make skin feel silky smooth and even forgo the usual slathering of Cocoa Butter afterwards.
I am a convert to using organic shower gels , these ones in particular. The pleasure I from indulging in these gorgeous products and knowing how kind they are to my skin make the price tag worth every penny-they make showering and bathing an almost spa like experience and what girl doesn't love that. . .
Available from Neals Yard stores, on their website and in John Lewis.
The RRP for the English Lavender and Rosemary and Elderflower Shower Gels is £9.75 and £14 for the Sensual Jasmine.
I like to use these with an exfoliating sponge to slough of dead skin cells whilst showering .  

No comments:

Post a Comment