Sunday 18 December 2011

Armani High Precision Retouch Concealer

Every girl has something in her makeup kit she would not be without . . call it a desert island must have , call it a "cry if it ever got discontinued product" , call it what you will but I'm sure each and every one of us can think immediately , of that very product that makes us feel better about our appearance.
For some it is mascara (I know women who will not open the door to the postman without it , let alone leave the house!) , for others it may be lipstick that's their staple item or maybe you're a girl that's obsessed with perfectly groomed eyebrows and would be mortified not to have your brow gel/pencil/shadow with you. .which I have to admit I am certainly guilty of.
But despite all the other wonderful delights in my makeup bag , I have to say hands down my Armani High Precision Retouch Concealer in shade 3.5 Light Sand , holds the top spot for my desert island makeup essential.
It covers dark circles under the eyes , darkness or redness on the eyelid , blemishes , spots , fine lines . It is a beautiful lightweight liquid texture and the applicator is a super, super fine brush. After applying my tinted moisturiser I lightly brush the concealer under my eyes , to the outer corner of my eyes , over my eyelids , a couple of beauty spots that I don't like , my nose to mouth lines , around my nostrils , the line between my lower lip and chin and on either side of my top lip. I then blend very gently with my MAC 190 foundation brush. If you find this too large for you , then use a flat concealer brush . I don't find this product works or blends as well using only your fingers .
Once blended , any darkness , discolouration or fine lines melt away into nothingness . My skin looks flawless and yet as though I am not wearing makeup . It builds beautifully , so if you have particularly dark circles under your eyes or an angry red blemish/es this works very well using 2-3 layers and doesn't look heavy or cakey in the least . In fact this high precision concealer contains light reflecting pearls, vitamin E and moisturisers, and diffuses the light so it actually nourishes and smoothes the skin , rather than making it feel dry or god forbid settle into fine lines which is a big no no!
I have tried many concealers in the past , all the famous most hyped about ones , but this by far is the ultimate for me. I have a yellow toned , olive skin and I find a lot on the market are too pink and dull looking. This conceals perfectly but is undetectable and sometimes I will wear just this , a bit of brow gel and I'm ready to go. It's good enough that you don't need foundation or tinted moisturiser.
If you're fed up spending a fortune on concealers that promise the earth and do not deliver , and your search for the best concealer out there seems fruitless , I'd say look no further-this is your baby!
At £24 it ain't cheap but mine lasts a good 4-5 months , and has lots of beneficial , skin nourishing ingredients so actually it is well worth it . . . and let's face who can put a price on flawless skin.

Available:Selfridges, Harvey Nichols and www.georgioarmanibeauty.co.uk
Shades Available:Three . 2-Ivory 3-Pale Peach 3.5-Light Sand
RRP:£24


No comments:

Post a Comment