Tuesday 1 November 2011

Carnaby Street . .

Had a couple of hours free this afternoon and went a bit trigger happy shopping on Carnaby Street:-)
First I popped in to Liberty Of London and bought some REN Rosa Centifolia Facial Cleansing Gel. I had been using the REN Hydra-Calm cleansing gel but it had been leaving my skin a little bit tight and the sales lady recommended I try this one as the Rose was nice and hydrating. Will keep you posted on that.
Next stop , Fouberts Place for MAC . Stocked up on some Copperplate Eyeshadow a wonderful matte , velvety textured mushroomy grey colour , some Studio Fix Fluid Foundation which gives a smooth matte finish so great for photographic , and some Translucent Powder which works so well on all skintones from ultra fair to very dark and keeps any shine at bay without looking heavy or cakey. It is great for layering.
I was about to stop there and do some clothes shopping but then I spotted Pixi Cosmetics and decided I needed to go in as had been meaning to for ages but kept forgetting! I'd heard a lot of good things about their products so was determined to find out what the fuss was about.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and as I was the only customer in the shop in some cases one may have felt pressured into buying but they were relaxed and very informative and knowledgable about the products. I nabbed the last remaining Ultimate Beauty Wardrobe which was on offer for an amazing £20-total bargain!! It consists of 32 very wearable/usable eyeshadows, 16 lip glosses from nude shades to gorgeous rich berry tones and 8 powder blushers to suit all skintones. I couldn't resist the trio of the Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black,Dark Brown and Plum which were also a complete steal at £12! They are actually kohl pencils rather than "pens" , glide on beautifully and have a nice strong pigment, once set they do not budge-perfect for long wear and shoots. Lastly the Lid&Line , an all in one wand that provides and eyeshadow,liner and smudger in coordinated tones-I got the 05 Smoky Mink which describes it to a tee. Excellent pigment and contains vitamin E and Aloe Vera to boot . At the till there was lots of kerfuffle with their PDQ machine which resulted in me being there for quite some time, having to call my bank and eventually having to go and find a cash machine. They were ever so sweet and offered me a complimentary choice of Lip&Line or Lip Booster for having waited so long. I chose the Lip Booster in #1 Maxi Lip Clear , a nude gloss with ever so suble gold flecks-utterly gorg and utterly free-what a nice treat:-)

Next stop clothes . . Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment